Description of the business
The lady who is directly in charge for the shop has lost her husband in November 2019 and now is living with her parents in law, daughter, son’s family. The shop is located in an area where there are other markets nearby. The shelves are organized randomly and not according to the customer behaviour. They are paying rent and a loan as well.
Through the In Motion Plans, they have designed their commercial image and renewed some of their key equipment, damaged due to the November 26th, earthquake.
In Motion plans
- Encouraging the support of the daughter who is neither employed nor going to school, will increase the quality of the service to customers.
- Appointing clear roles of family members from the business will benefit the management of time and quality of the service.
- Underscoring the sales on the local products (olives, milk, eggs from local farmers) for differentiating the supply from the competition.
- Applying promotions on these local products with the aim of increasing sales and attracting new customers.
- Organizing shelves according to customer behaviour and basic needs products.
- Making specific products more visible, will increase impulsive sales at the cash desk.
- Recording sales based on products classification will give a better idea of the profit.
- Putting in place a pricing policy.